Sunday, August 14, 2016

BREMERTON

One of the benefits of living aboard is the opportunity to move your home to a new spot for a while.  I had an appointment in Bremerton so why not take the boat over and enjoy the weekend?

The way over was uneventful although this guy zipped by fairly quickly


The view of the skyline

Sometimes ferries just need to thread the needle

 Ringside seat for the view

Maintenance.  Note the pocock shell on top


I kept on hearing these 'booms', not unlike big fire works.  All coming from what I think was the Lady Washington in a mock battle with another tall ship


I kayaked into Dyes inlet, timing the trip perfectly to fight the current both ways.  A little like hiking up with good elevation gain to a peak -- then again hiking up hill back to the trailhead.  Over land it was 8.2 miles, but I figured I did 10 miles over water.  Woof.

Next was the Puget Sound Naval museum.   Pretty cool (and free) museum.





























This tug was at the dock and has seen better days...





When leaving Bremerton I had an inkling of what was to come as I checked AIS.  Some naval vessel was threading through Rich Passage with quite an entourage.  Could it be?


Oh yeah

















This guy either had incredible local knowledge or was absolutely clueless, cutting it very close to west point.  Right near the beach, thank goodness for high tide.





No comments:

Post a Comment